Organization for youth “Breza” in cooperation with town Osijek and with METRO cash&carry d.o.o. sponsorship, for fourth year organize international project Land without borders titled “Flying” (Letjeti) from 27.08.– 01.09.2007.
Land without borders gathers foreign and domestic artists which trough six-day workshops, with children and youth create and form: research and learn new music, dance, art, circus, scenically and theater skills. Thru manifestation we provide opportunities for every individual participant to be unique in his/her expression. We value international spirit, uniqueness and differences. This year we have workshop leaders from Italy, Germany, Brazil, Libya, Norway, Japan, Slovenia, Israel, United Kingdom and Croatia.
Workshops are open for all, and are especially adapted for children with disabilities, delinquency, invalidity, blind and weak in sight, and also to specially gifted children and youth.
During the manifestation following activities will be performed:
- dance (dance ability, oriental dance, kathak – Indian dance, contemporary dance, japans dance –szme, capoeira)
- theater (mimic, theater of movement, scenic exercises, juggle, walk on stilts, monocycle)
- music (jazz, music rytm, classical music, a capella singing, hip-hop, music instrument learning (jembi, drums, tarabuka)
- fine arts (grafitti art, mosaic, installation in space making, sculpture making.)
- photography workshop
* possibility fair in organization of Volunteer center (active presentation of program for children and youth of different county organizations, societies, schools, dorms…)
* street performance
Workshops will be held over six days morning and afternoon in Croatian society fine art artists, Economical school, Music school, classical gymnasium and on open space in Osijek’s “old town” called “Tvrđa.”
All performances, exhibits, concerts, and other activities will be performed on different important public locations (town square, parks, Esseker center) in which artists will perform and present their own culture and tradition.
Manifestation will be visited by different ambassadors from countries of origin of artist included in workshops, and other distinguished town and county representatives.